How To Articles
How To Videos
How to Create a Belt Testing Event
One of the ways that Kicksite helps to make managing your school easier is through our Belt Test Events. A Belt Test Event allows you to select programs and ranks, invite eligible students to test, send event announcements, accept test fee payments, control registration, and promote students all in one place.
Click the following link to watch the video about creating a belt testing event.
To create a new Belt Test Event:
1. From the Dashboard, click Events and then click New Belt Test Event.
2. Type a title for your event in the Title field.
3. Type a description in the Description box; if desired, you can add images, hyperlinks, and attachments.
Reminder: The title and description will be seen by the students when you send out your event announcements.
4. (Optional) Click the Attach a File button to select a document or image to attach to your event announcement.
5. Click the calendar icon to select the date of the event. If the event will be held on more than one day, click the Add End Date link to add the last day of the event.
6. Select a start time for this event. If you would like to add the ending time of the event, click the Add End Time link.
7. You can allow student to RSVP by selecting the Allow Students to Register Online Via Emailed Link check box.
8. If you have billing set up through Kicksite, you can choose whether to allow the student to pay for the test upon registering or in person. Choose the desired option from the Make Event Fee Payment drop-down; you can select from Not Available, Optional, or Required.
9. (Optional) If the test will have judges scoring the event, you can type their Name, Instructor ID, and Rank in the fields in the Judges section. To add more judges, click the Add Another link.
10. Select the programs and ranks that will be testing during this event.
The testing fee amounts are pulled from the Testing Eligibility settings. If needed, you can adjust the fees for this specific event. Best practice is to set the fees in Testing Eligibility before you create the event.
11. Select the appropriate check boxes if you want to send Automated Reminders and Day Before Reminders.
12. (Optional) If you need to limit the number of attendees, enter the maximum number in the Event Size Limit field.
13. When you’ve completed the Belt Test Event settings, click the Create button to create the event.
After you create the Belt Test Event, you will need to review the Candidate’s List and manage the Belt Test Event. After you have the actual promotion test, you will then want to promote students on the Belt Test Event.