Adding Ranks and Custom Belt Graphics
Kicksite makes it easy to customize the system to fit your school’s curriculum. This includes the ability to add in the core rank structures and add graphics to allow your students a virtual belt that matches their actual belt.
Note: If your school or studio is part of an association that has restrictions on programs or ranks, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist you.
Click the following link to watch the video about how to add ranks and belt graphics.
To add ranks and custom belt graphics:
1. Hover over Settings and click on Programs. (Alternatively, click Quick Links in the left sidebar, and then click Programs Settings in the Settings section.)
2. Click the View/Edit Ranks for This Program link.
This allows you to review the current ranks, add new ranks, and edit the belt graphics to reflect your ranking system.
3. To add a rank, type the name of the new rank in the Name field, and then click Add Rank. An abbreviation can also be added if needed.
- The new rank will appear at the bottom of the ranks list.
- If you need to move the new or existing rank, simply drag and drop it to its appropriate position within the ranking structure.
4. To add custom belt graphics to a rank, click Edit to the right of the rank that you would like to update.
5. Click Edit to open a menu with multiple options to change the way your rank will look:
- To make a solid color belt, select the appropriate color from the Belt Color drop-down list and leave Belt Color 2 as None.
- To make a belt with a horizontal stripe, select the appropriate colors in the Belt Color and Belt Color 2 drop-down lists.
- To make a camouflage belt, select the Camo check box.
- To add vertical stripes or decorations (to represent a tape tip on a belt, for example), select the desired decoration in the Decorations drop-down list. Select the color in Decorations Color drop-down list, and select the number in Decorations Count. You can add another color stripe or decoration from the second set of Decorations drop-down lists.
Here are a few examples of the different belt options that can be added:
NOTE: Not all ranks carry a belt so, in some cases, no graphics will be required. This includes N/A ranks or ranks that don’t have a physical belt to represent.