How To Articles
How To Videos
How to Manage a Belt Testing Event
As testing day approaches, you may need to make some updates to the Belt Test Event.
You can then view the event and manage it. When you view the event, you see a list of all the students who are scheduled to participate in the testing event.
To filter the list of testing students:
On the left panel, click Events and then click Event List. Click the name of the event you want to review.
Click one of the status buttons at the top of the page:
- Pending – Invited students who have not registered or have declined the event.
- Declined – Invited students who have declined the event.
- Registered – Invited students who have registered and intend on testing.
- Registered & Paid – Invited students who registered and have paid their testing fee.
- Promoted – Students who have been promoted within the event.
- Show All – Removes all filters.
By using the sort buttons, you can sort the students by:
- First name
- Last name
Within each box, you can find information about the testing student. In it, you can find:
- Student name
- The program they are testing in
- The student’s current belt rank
- The rank they are testing for
- The primary email address and if they have been sent an event announcement.
- Notes on the student
- The student’s status in the event
- The student’s testing fees
If you need to make a change to the belt the student is testing for, their email, or their testing fees, click the three dots next to the item you would like to update.
How to manage the Event Details:
To view the description of the event, click Show Description at the top-right corner.
The number of students who have registered for the event appears next to Students.
To view the event’s audience, click the plus sign next to Selected Audience.
To send Event Notifications:
1. Click Send Event Announcements on the right-hand side of the event.
2. Select either Default Event Announcement or Include a Custom Message, depending on which type of announcement you wish to send.
- Default Event Announcement sends a standard email to the student, which includes the title and the description of the event.
- Include a Custom Message sends the default event announcement email, along with a custom message of your choosing.
If you have set up Online Registration for the event, the email will include a link allowing students to register.
Before sending your event announcement, select the appropriate check boxes under Which students would you like to email?
3. Click the Send Announcements button.