How to Create a New Student
When a new student joins your school, you can add them in Kicksite quickly and easily.
Before you enter new students, make sure you have set up programs and belt ranks, as well as set up memberships. You may also want to enter an agreement or waiver template so you can attach and send the agreement to your new student.
To add a new student:
1. On the left panel, click the Add New Profile icon.
2. Under Profile Type, click Student.
3. Type the student’s name in the Name field; type the email address and phone number in the Email and Phone Number fields, respectively. If you wish to text the student, click the SMS toggle to show On.
4. Click the Add New button. You’ve created a new student!
5. (Optional) To add more information about the new student, click the View Student button in the green note field. (It will appear at the bottom of the screen.) Alternatively, on the left panel, click Students and then click List. Click the desired student’s name in the list.
If you are using the new student profile beta, to add more information:
Click in a field on the left side and type to update that field. Press Enter/Return to enter the new information, or click a different field or area on the profile to enter the information.
Note: When you create the new student, Kicksite will assign a random, 4-digit number for the student’s PIN; if desired, you can change the PIN to a different number. Just remember that the PIN must be unique for each student. You will see a message letting you know the number is already taken if another student has the PIN you typed.
Click a tab at the top of the screen to add more information. (For example, click Memberships to add a membership; click Finances to add a recurring billing; click Agreements to add an agreement and send it to the student to sign.)
If you are using the Classic student profile, to add more information:
1. Click the Edit Student link.
2. Click in a field and type to add text. For birthdate, use the drop-down lists to select the month, day, and year of the birthday.
3. To add a program and rank, select the check box next to the desired program, and if needed, use the drop-down list to select the correct rank. (The rank defaults to the first rank, so for a new student starting at White Belt, you won’t need to change the rank.)
4. (Optional) To add notes about the student, click the link beside Notes or Medical Information. You can then type any relevant information in the text field.
5. (Optional) To add a photo of the student, click the Choose File button. (To upload the photo, it will need to be saved on your device.)
6. Under Contact Information, click the Add Another link to add more than one email address. You can select the type of email from the drop-down list (Home, Work, or Other).
7. (Optional) Click the Select Communications for This Email address link to restrict the types of emails that will go to this email address. (For example, if this is a minor student’s email, you deselect the check boxes under Financial so the student will not receive invoice notifications.)
8. (Optional) Enter a phone number in the Phone Numbers field; select the type of phone from the drop-down list. If you would like to text the student, and the phone number you enter is a mobile number, select the Send SMS check box. (Note that if you enter more than one phone number, you can only select the Primary check box and the Send SMS check box for the number you wish to text.)
9. (Optional) Enter the physical address in the Street, City, State, and Zip fields.
10. (Optional) Fill in the Parent/Guardian Information section; enter an Emergency Contact name and phone number.
11. (Optional) Click the Add Initial Membership link to select the student’s membership.
12. (Optional) Click the Add Agreement link to send the student an agreement. Click the Record First Payment link to enter a payment made. If you have billing with Kicksite, you can click the Add Recurring Bill link to set up automatic payments.
13. When you’ve filled in all the necessary information for the student, click the Create Student button.