How Can We Help?
How to Create a New Membership
Kicksite uplifted membership options to make memberships even better. Keep reading for details.
Please note: As of this writing, the new options for memberships (specifically the billing option and program) aren’t available to add to existing students. Memberships are being updated in steps; the first step is to expand the membership options and to enable you (if you have billing with Kicksite) to create a Landing Page for new students to sign up, select a membership, and pay for it all within the Landing Page.
To create a new membership:
1. Click Quick Links in the left panel, click Settings, and then click Memberships Settings. (Alternatively, from within Kicksite, hover over the Settings menu and click Memberships.)
The Memberships page shows the list of memberships you’ve already added. You can click the Trial tab to see trial memberships for prospects; click the Individual tab to see regular memberships for students.
Note: If you had memberships previously created in Kicksite, you may see that some fields are blank or show zero. Skip to the next section to find out how to update existing memberships.
2. Click the Add New Membership button.
3. If the membership is for students, make sure the Individual tab is selected (see the image on the left above). If the membership is for prospects (a trial), click the Trial tab (see the image on the right above).
4. In the Title field, type a descriptive name for the membership.
5. (Optional) In the Description field, type a short description of the membership.
6. Select the Duration options for the membership:
- Individual: Select either the Limited or Attendances option. If you select Limited, enter a number and then select the time frame (Days, Weeks, Months, or Years). If you select Attendances, enter the number of classes the student may attend.
- Trial: Select either the Limited or Attendances check box. If you select Limited, enter a number and then select the time frame (Days, Weeks, Months, or Years). If you select Attendances, enter the number of classes the prospect may attend.
7. Select a Billing Option (keep in mind that you need to have billing set up with Kicksite to charge for memberships):
- Individual: Select One Time, Recurring Billing, or Recurring Invoice. If you select One Time, enter the Price. If you select Recurring Billing or Recurring Invoice, enter the Price, select how often the bill recurs beside Cycle (enter a number beside Every and a time frame from the drop-down list). In the Total Number of Payments drop-down list, select Ongoing (to keep billing until you stop it) or a number of payments.
- Trial: Enter the price for the membership in the Price field.
8. For an Individual membership, select the Program(s) for the membership. Click where it says Select program(s) here and then select the desired program. Repeat as needed to add all programs that apply to the membership.
9. Click the Add button to add the new membership.
The new membership appears at the bottom of the membership list.
To update a membership:
After you create a membership (or several memberships), you can click the three vertical dots on the right to Edit or Delete the membership.
If you click Edit, the membership options appear. Update one or more of the fields as needed. (See the previous steps for details.)
If you click Delete, you see a pop-up asking if you’re sure you want to delete the membership. Click OK to delete the membership. (Remember that deleting is permanent!)
If you want to rearrange the order of memberships, click a blank spot on a membership’s row and then drag it up or down in the list.
If you are a Kicksite customer and would like to learn how to use this new feature within landing pages, please contact us at Support@kicksite.net or schedule a training with one of our support experts.