How to Use Groups for Communications
When you send a general announcement, you can select to send the message to a group (as well as to students or prospects by status or by program and rank). Groups can be helpful if you need to communicate regularly with a subset of your school’s students, prospects, or even parents of students. Some examples would be assistant instructors, a demo or competition team, or even students and parents who regularly volunteer to assist with events.
Make sure you have email addresses entered on the student, prospect, or employee profiles. If you want to text the group, make sure that student, prospect, or employee has SMS text enabled and a valid mobile phone number entered.
How to create a new group:
1. Click Quick Links on the left panel, and then click Groups (under the Students heading).
2. On the right side of the page, type a name for the group in the Name field.
3. Click the Create Group button.
4. In the field below Search a Student, Prospect, or Employee by Name, start typing the person’s name who you wish to add to the group. Click the correct name in the search results.
5. Click the Add Member button.
6. Repeat Steps 4 and 5 until you have added all the members you wish to the group.
To update a group you previously created, click Quick Links on the left panel, and then click Groups (under the Students heading). Click the name of the group you want to update. You can then click the Change Group Name button if you need to change the name. You can click the Remove link to remove a person from the group. You can add new members to the group as described in the preceding step list.
After you have added at least one person to a group, you can then use the group to send announcements. Under To, click the Announce to Groups link, and then select the check box(es) next to the group(s) you want to communicate with. (Click the previous link for complete instructions on how to send a general announcement.)