How Can We Help?
How To Articles
How To Videos
How to Create a New Student
When a new student joins your school, you can add them in Kicksite quickly and easily.
Before you enter new students, make sure you have set up programs and belt ranks, as well as set up memberships. You may also want to enter an agreement or waiver template so you can attach and send the agreement to your new student.
To add a new student:
1. On the left panel, click the Add New Profile icon.
2. Under Profile Type, click Student.
3. Type the student’s name in the Name field; type the email address and phone number in the Email and Phone Number fields, respectively. If you wish to text the student, click the SMS toggle to show On.
4. Click the Add New button. You’ve created a new student!
5. (Optional) To add more information about the new student, click the View Student button in the green note field. (It will appear at the bottom of the screen.) Alternatively, on the left panel, click Students and then click List. Click the desired student’s name in the list.
Note: When you create the new student, Kicksite will assign a random, 4-digit number for the student’s PIN. If desired, you can change the PIN to a different number. Just remember that the PIN must be unique for each student. You will see a message letting you know the number is already taken if another student has the PIN you typed.
To add more information:
Click in a field on the left side and type to update that field. Press Enter/Return or click the check mark to enter the information.
In the top left section, you can click the circle to upload a picture of the student. You can also edit the PIN if needed. If you are part of an association, you may also be able to add the student’s association number and/or expiration.
In the Bio section, you can add the Gender, Birthday, Address (for home/street address). If needed, you can update or add the Email, Phone, and select whether to enable or disable SMS texting. You can also add the Belt Size.
In the Programs & Ranks section, click Add New to add or update the student’s program and rank. Select the program and click Select Ranks; if needed, select the correct rank (the first rank is automatically selected). Click the Save button.
In the Contact section, you can add up to two Guardians and two Emergency Contacts. For Guardians, you can add a Phone and Email. For Emergency Contacts, you can add a Phone.
In the Family section, you can click the Add to a Family button if the student is a member of a family. (You may want to add all members of the family in a students first.)
If needed, you can add notes in the Notes section. In the Calendar section, you can add an appointment.
Finally, you can click the Create User Account button at the bottom to send the student an invitation to set up their student user account.
Click a tab at the top of the screen to add more information. When entering a new student, you may want to click Memberships to add a membership; click Finances to add a recurring billing; click Agreements to add an agreement and send it to the student to sign.