How to Set Up the Attendance Awards
One of the keys of student retention is keeping your students engaged and hungry. Kicksite assists in this area by helping you recognize and reward your students for regularly showing up to class each month.
The Attendance Awards feature keeps track of students’ attendances each calendar month, starting from the 1st. If students attend the required number of times to earn an award, Kicksite will automatically send each qualified student a congratulatory email and add a medal icon by the student’s name in the Student Check-In screen. (Keep in mind that Attendance Awards are separate from Testing Eligibility.)
Click the following link to watch the video about how to set up Attendance Awards.
To access the Attendance Awards page:
1. On the left panel, click Quick Links, and then click Attendance Awards (under the Settings heading). Alternatively, from within Kicksite, hover over Attendance and click on Attendance Awards; you can also hover over Settings and click on Attendance Awards.
*Detailed information about Attendance Awards is explained in the image below.
2. Select the Enable Attendance Awards check box.
3. Enter the number of classes student must attend for each program to earn a bronze, silver, and/or gold medal.
For example, if students in a kid’s program typically attend two times per week, you might enter 6 attendances for bronze, 7 attendances for silver, and 8 attendances for gold.
When a student reaches enough attendances to be issued an Attendance Award, they will be sent an email with the message congratulating them for their achievement. A default message is in the box, however, you may customize this message at any time.
Be aware that this message will be the same for all medals that are issued, regardless of the program they were issued for.
Note: The email templates include “hooks” or “tokens” such as ((student_name)), that will let the system pull the corresponding information from that student’s profile. A list of these “hooks” or “tokens” is available above the Attendance Awards on/off check box.
4. Click the Save Attendance Awards Settings button.
- As soon as a student has been awarded one of these medals, they will see it displayed every time they sign in to the Student Check-In screen.
- The earned medals will appear to the left of the student’s picture on the check-in screen so their achievement will be visible for everyone to see.
- These awards will reset at the first of every month and new medals will be awarded based off of the previous month’s attendance.