One of the keys of student retention is keeping your students engaged and hungry. Kicksite assists in this area by helping you recognize and reward your students for showing up to class.
Click below to watch the video or scroll down for instructions.
To access the Attendance Awards page:
- From within Kicksite, hover over Attendance and click on Attendance Awards; you can also hover over Settings and click on Attendance Awards.
*Detailed information about Attendance Awards is explained in the image below.
2. Select the Enable Attendance Awards checkbox.
3. The page extends to show a section for a Bronze, Silver, and/or Gold Medal.
- Under each section, you have the ability to decide how many times a student must attend to earn one of the medals.
- This can be set individually for each program and customized for each medal.
- For example, students in a kid’s program could get a Bronze Medal for reaching 4 attendances in a calendar month, a Silver Medal for 8 attendances, and a Gold Medal for 12 attendances.
When a student reaches enough attendances to be issued an Attendance Award, they will be sent an email with the message congratulating them for their achievement. A default message is in the box, however, you may customize this message at any time.
Be aware that this message will be the same for all medals that are issued, regardless of the program they were issued for.
Note: The email templates include “hooks” or “tokens” such as ((student_name)), that will let the system pull the corresponding information from that student’s profile. A list of these “hooks” or “tokens” is available above the Attendance Awards on/off checkbox.
4. After you have edited the Attendance Awards, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Save Attendance Awards Settings button.
- As soon as a student has been awarded one of these medals, they will see it displayed every time they sign in to the Student Check-In Screen.
- The earned medals will appear to the left of the student’s picture on the check-in screen so their achievement will be visible for everyone to see.
- These awards will reset at the first of every month and new medals will be awarded based off of the previous month’s attendance.