How to Use the Student Check-in Screen
The Student Check-in Screen allows for your students to have a fun and engaging way to log their own attendances when they arrive for class, so you can focus on teaching.
Watch the video about the Student Check-In Screen.
To access the Student Check-in Screen:
There are two ways to access the screen:
- From the dashboard, click Attendance, then click Check-in Screen. From within Kicksite, hover over the Attendance tab and click on Student Check-in Screen.
2. The system will require you to log in (this is the opportunity to log in using an account specifically created for attendance).
*Best practice, create an employee account strictly for Attendance so that when you log in to the Student Check-in Screen, a student won’t accidentally back into your admin account.
3. Your students can begin checking themselves in before class with their Kicksite ID number. This can be done on a tablet or any device that can connect to the internet.
4. Students will type in their ID and hit Go.
- If the student is only in one program, the system will log their attendance immediately.
- If the student has multiple programs attached, the system will display those programs and the student must select the appropriate one.
5. When the student hits Go, their attendance is logged and their name pops up at the top of the attendance list.
- Students can see their current rank and if applicable classes and days at rank.
- Students can see the time they checked in.
- If you are using the Attendance Awards feature, students can see their attendance award for a particular program if they have earned that award.