How to Create a General Announcement Template
Creating Announcement Templates allows you to use the same message for a General Announcement over and over again.
To create a template for your General Announcement:
1. From the dashboard, click Communications in the left-hand sidebar. From within Kicksite, click on Communications in the upper-left corner.
2. Hover over the Messages menu and click on New Announcement Template. (The Template Information is for internal use only, so your students will not see anything you type in this section.)
3. Begin by typing a name for the new template in the Name field. This will allow you to easily locate the template after it has been created.
4. Type a description for the template in the Description field. This will allow you a brief overview of the purpose of this template.
5. If desired, add this template to an announcement category by typing a name in the Category field. This will help keep all of your templates organized.
*To add or manage your announcement categories list, go to the Settings menu and click on Announcement Categories.
- The next section allows you to fill out all of the information that you would like on the template.
- You can use this information in future messages. It follows the same format as a General Announcement.
6. After you have added all of the areas you would like to reuse, click the Save Template button at the bottom of the page.
To use an Announcement Template:
1. Hover over the Messages menu and click on Announcement Templates.
2. Click on the category you saved the template under, and then click on the template itself.
3. Create an announcement using the template by clicking on the New Announcement button.