How to Create a Message Flow
Message Flows are a functional, stepped communication program that allows a studio to structure multiple communications for prospects or students. For example, you could set up a Message Flow so that when a prospect enters their information on your website, they get a welcome message via email, and then a few days later, they receive a message introducing the school’s instructors, and a few days after that, a message about trial memberships or special offers.
Message Flows can be great ways to help motivate and engage prospects and students, and also to help grow your business.
If you want to send a single message based on one topic, such as an expired membership or absent student, set up an Automated Message.
To go to Message Flows:
1. Click on Communications.
2. Hover over Message Flows and select New Message Flow Template.
3. Select your audience by clicking the Students or Prospects button. (Note that you can change the Audience if needed by selecting a different option in the Audience drop-down.)
4. In the Run Based On drop-down list, select the desired trigger.
5. In the Name field, type a name for the Message Flow.
6. In the Description field, give the Message Flow a brief description.
7. If you want to re-use this message flow, toggle on the Save as Template option.
8. If you selected Students in Step 3, select the audience for the message flow by checking the appropriate check boxes.
9. Click the Save Message Flow button.
To finalize the Message Flow before you send:
After you create a message flow, it will show on the screen as a summary.
1. Click the Edit link to the far right (not visible in the following image).
2. To add a step to the Message Flow, click on Add a Step; the screen below appears.
3. Enter the title of the message flow in the Step Title field.
4. Enter the subject of the message flow in the Subject field.
5. Enter the stages based on when they will be sent out:
- Send Immediately
- Schedule for Later
- The message can be sent via SMS (text) or email.
- Each step can be set up differently, including the method of delivery.
- If the message is an email, you can attach a file.
6. To add more steps, click the Add a Step button and repeat Steps 3-5.
7. After you’ve added all the steps you need in the Message Flow, click the New Message Flow button at the top of the Message Flow steps.
8. Click the OK button in the pop-up window.
9. Click the Save Message Flow button. Your Message Flow is now live.
Keep in mind that the Message Flow you created will only be triggered by events that happen after the Message Flow is live; it can’t retroactively send messages. For example, a Message Flow for new students will not send messages to already existing students.