How to Promote Ranks on the Student Profile
You can promote a student to their next belt rank at any time on the student’s profile page. (Note that the following steps promote the rank for only one student. If you recently had a belt testing event and need to promote multiple students, click the following link for the steps to promote students from the Events page.)
To promote a student’s rank, follow these steps:
- Start typing the name of the student in the universal search box in the upper-right corner.
- In the search results, click the student’s name to go to their student profile.
- Click the Promotions tab.
- Click the Add Promotion link.
- Select the program in the Program drop-down list; select the new rank in the Promoted Rank drop-down list.
- (Optional) Enter a score in the Score field.
- (Optional) Use the month, day, and year drop-down lists to enter the correct Promotion Date.
- Click the Promote Student button.
If you need to update the date of a past promotion, follow these steps:
- On the Promotions tab, click Edit next to the date you need to correct.
- Select the correct date using the month, day, and year drop-down lists.
- Click the Update button.
If you promoted to a new rank by accident, you can delete a promotion by clicking the Delete link on the line for that rank. Click OK in the pop-up that appears.