How Can We Help?
How To Articles
How To Videos
FAQs / Best Practices
How to Promote Ranks on the Student Profile
You can promote a student to their next belt rank at any time on the Student Profile page. (Note that the following steps promote the rank for only one student. If you recently had a belt testing event and need to promote multiple students, click the following link for the steps to promote students from the Events page.)
To promote a student on the new student profile:
1. Start typing the name of the student in the universal search box in the upper-right corner. In the search results, click the student’s name to go to their profile.
2. Click the Promotions tab.
3. Click the Add New button.
4. Select the program in the Program drop-down list. The Rank drop-down list appears; select the new rank from the list.
5. (Optional) Enter a score in the Testing Score field.
6. (Optional) Use the calendar to enter the correct Promotion Date.
7. Click the Create Promotion button.
To change a promotion date on the new student profile:
If you need to update the date of a past promotion, follow these steps:
1. Click the Promotions tab. If you want to change the promotion date for the student’s current rank, skip to Step 4. If you want to change the promotion date for a past promotion, click the Inactive tab.
2. Click the program name to view the list of promotions.
3. Hover the cursor over the date you need to correct, and click when you see the pencil icon.
4. Type a new date, or click the calendar icon and select the correct date. Press Enter/Return.
5. (Optional) If you need to update the testing score, hover over the value beside Testing Score, click when you see the pencil icon, and type the correct score. Press Enter/Return.
If you promoted to a new rank by accident, you can delete a promotion by clicking the red trash can icon on the line for that rank. If the current rank isn’t showing the correct rank, click the Activate button on the row for the current rank.