How to Create a Landing Page
BizBuilders give you the ability to create a Landing Page and Lead Capture Form. Here are a few examples of what you can use Landing Pages for:
- To gather information on prospects
- To sign up for online classes you offer
- To allow visiting athletes to fill in a drop-in form
- To highlight classes, paid events, and promotions
Landing Pages can be included in your website, and you can also share Landing Pages via social media, an online newsletter, or email.
Before creating a Landing Page, best practice is to create a Lead Capture Form. Also, you may need to create a Trial Membership and/or set up your Inventory list in Kicksite prior to creating a Landing Page.
Click the following link to watch the video about creating a Landing Page.
To create a Landing Page:
1. On the left panel, click BizBuilders, and then click Landing Pages.
2. Click the Create New button.
3. At the top of the template, click in the Name field (you will see New Page and the date), and type a unique name for your Landing Page. To remove any section from your landing page, click the X at the top right of the section’s box. To add a module to your page, click Add Module.
4. (Optional) Click the Page Settings button if you would like to change:
- Whether when someone fills out the form on your Landing Page, the information goes into Kicksite as a prospect. If you do NOT want to collect prospects from this Landing Page, toggle the Create Prospect Upon Submission button to Off.
- To change the theme colors, click the color swatch box and select the desired color from the color picker, or if you know the hexadecimal number, click the number and type the correct hexadecimal number.
- If you would like prospects to be directed to a webpage with a welcome message, toggle the Send to a Webpage option to On and copy and paste or type the desired URL in the field that appears.
- If you have opted in to the Quick Connect feature, you can enter a mobile phone number in the Receive SMS Notifications upon New Submissions field. When a new prospect fills out the form on this landing page, you will receive a text at the entered number. You can then immediately call or text the prospect from the received text message. (If desired, you can enter a different number on each landing page.)
Note: By default, the admin will receive an email notification when a new prospect enters their information on a lead capture form or landing page. The admin’s email is pulled from the first email listed on the Employees page for the admin.
5. Click within the Header field and type a new heading, and then click Apply.
6. In the Description text editor, type the body of your Landing Page. You can edit the text and apply formatting (see the following table). Click Apply to update the preview.
|Icon||What it does|
|Attach an image such as a photo, gif, or your logo. (You can also drag and drop an image into the text editor.)|
|Adjust the type style (bold, italics, or
|Undo and redo actions|
|Adjust the size of your text|
|Add bullet points or numbering|
|Indent the paragraph|
|Switch to code view (if you are familiar with HTML)|
7. In the Lead Capture Form section, select the form you want to use in the Landing Page. Then click Apply to update the preview.
8. (Optional) In the Agreements section, select the waiver or agreement you would like to add to your page. Then click Apply to update the preview.
Note: If you need to create an agreement, you can click the Add New Agreement icon in the Agreement section. This will open a new tab in your browser where you can create the new agreement; find out how to create an agreement. When you return to the Landing Page form, be sure to click Refresh on your browser window so that your new agreement will appear.
9. (Optional) If you process billing with Kicksite, you can add a Profit Item to the Landing Page by clicking Add Module and selecting Profit Items.
Note: You can add trial memberships and or inventory items to your form by clicking the down arrow at the top left, next to Memberships or Inventory Items (depending on which option is displayed).
Note: If you don’t have Inventory Items set up, enter items in the Inventory. If you need to create a trial membership, click the Add New Trial Membership icon. This will open a new tab in your browner where your can create a membership sign-up form. When you return to the Landing Page form, be sure to click Refresh on your browser window so that your new trial membership will appear.
10. After selecting the profit item(s) you would like to add to your page, click Apply to update the preview.
11. After making sure the page is to your liking, click Finish.
12. To see how your page will appear in a browser window, click Preview.
After you create a Landing Page, you need to embed the code in your website or share a link via email or social media. After you’ve shared your Landing Page and start collecting prospects, you need to nurture your leads.