How To Articles
How To Videos
FAQs / Best Practices
2023 Finances Uplift
How to Create a Membership
Memberships are an easy way to bill a student, and add them to a program, for a certain amount of time. Membership templates are created in settings, then used across Kicksite. Once applied to a student, membership templates are referred to as individual memberships.
Creating a membership template
- First, navigate to Settings, then the Memberships tab. You can also search Quick Links for Membership Settings.
- The Individual tab shows regular memberships, for students. The Trial tab shows prospect memberships.
- Click the Add New Membership button.
- Select between Individual or Trial types.
- For Trial memberships, select an option in Trial Start Criteria.
- Enter a title.
- (Optional) Enter a description.
- Select a duration.
- Limited Term: A specific time frame, such as 6 months or 1 year.
- Only x Attendances: Also known as a punchcard, where a student can only attend a set number of classes.
- Trial memberships can be Limited Term and Only x Attendances – whichever occurs first will end the trial.
- Select all related Programs.
- Select a billing option.
- One Time: A single charge, such as for an up-front payment.
- Recurring Billing: A recurring charge for a set number of payments, or for an unlimited duration.
- Trial memberships can’t have Recurring Billings.
- (Optional) Set up taxes.
- You can set default tax rates for each billing option in the Finances settings tab.
- Select a Revenue Stream. Most schools use a Revenue Stream called Memberships.
- You can add, edit, and reorder Revenue Streams in the Finances settings tab.
- Click Add to finish.
Click the kebab menu (three vertical dots) to edit or delete a template. Deletion is permanent, and will prevent any students or prospects from signing up for it. Exercise caution.
To rearrange the templates, click the gripper dots on the left side of a card and drag. This changes their order in Student Sign-Up and in dropdown menus.