How To Articles
How To Videos
FAQs / Best Practices
2023 Finances Uplift
Tip: How to Delete a Program or Rank with Students Attached
You may find that you have a program or rank within a program that is no longer needed. For example, maybe you no longer offer yoga classes, and you want to delete the Yoga program in Kicksite. But when you try to delete it, you see an error message that says “You are unable to delete this program until all students are unattached.” This error is actually helpful to prevent errors and problems with missing ranks.
Before you can delete the program, you first need to find all the students who have that program and/or rank attached and remove it. This includes active, inactive, and frozen students.
To remove the program and/or rank from students:
1. Click your username in the upper-right corner, click Settings, and then click the Programs tab.
2. If you need to delete a program, click the number under Student Count to view a filtered Student List that shows only students within that program. If you need to delete a rank within a program, click the program’s name. Find the rank you need to delete, and click the number under Students to view the filtered Student List that shows only students with the desired rank.
3. Ctrl+click (Windows) or Command+click (Mac) the name of each student in the filtered Student List. This will open the student profile in a new browser tab. (It’s helpful to open each student’s profile page in a separate browser tab so that you don’t “lose” the filtered Student List page after you update the student’s program and/or rank.)
4. Click the first new tab and then remove or change the desired program and/or rank. (For example, if you need to consolidate the Kids and Juniors programs, you can remove the Kids program and rank and attach the Juniors program with the equivalent rank.)
a. Click Add & Remove under Programs & Ranks. In the dialog box that pops up, click the X next to the program(s) and ranks(s) you want to delete.
b. If needed, select a different program from the Add Program drop-down list, select the correct rank from the Add Rank drop-down list, and click the + button.
c. Click the Finish button.
5. Close the browser tab for that student. Repeat Step 4 for each student until you have removed the program(s) and rank(s) from all students that had that program and/or rank attached.
These steps may take some time to complete, depending on how many students you have attached to the program and/or rank you want to delete.
To delete a program or rank:
After you have removed the program and/or rank from all students, click your username in the upper-right corner, click Settings, and then click the Programs tab.
To delete a program:
1. Click the three vertical dots on the right side of the program and then click Delete.
2. In the dialog box that appears, click the Delete button.
To delete a rank:
1. Click the name of the program to view the ranks.
2. Click the three vertical dots on the right side of the desired rank and then click Delete.
3. In the dialog box that appears, click the Delete button.