Tip: How Do I Print PINs for Student Attendance Check In?
If you’re new to Kicksite, or if you’ve recently had a lot of new students join, you may be wondering how to let students know what their PIN (ID number) is so they can check in for attendance using the Student Check-In screen.
You can, of course, search the student by finding them in the Student List or typing their name in the Search field, and then tell the student their PIN.
But a more efficient way is to print a list of student names and PINs so that students can look up their own PINs.
To print a list of student PINs and names:
1. In Kicksite, click Students in the left panel, and then click List.
2. Click Active if it isn’t already highlighted. (Inactive and Frozen students can’t check in for attendance.)
3. Click the Export button. A .csv file will download.
4. Open the file in a spreadsheet editor such as Excel. (If you have another spreadsheet editor, the steps below will be similar.)
5. Recommended: Click a cell in the First Name column, click the Data tab, and then click the Sort A to Z button. Click a cell in the Last Name column, and then click the Sort A to Z button. This sorts the students’ names into alphabetical order, which will make it easier for students to find their name and PIN in the list.
6. Highlight all columns to the right of Last Name (columns E through AA). Delete those columns. (Right-click and choose Delete.) This ensures that only the name and PIN appear in your list, and no personal information will show.
7. Click the File menu and then Print. In the Print dialog box, you can make adjustments if needed and preview what the list will look like when printed. Click the Print button to print out the list.
Post the printed list near the tablet or laptop you use for student check ins.
If your students use an access card to enter the studio, you can write the PIN on their access card.
You can write the PIN on the inside cuff of the student’s uniform to help them remember their PIN. (Use a Sharpie so the ink won’t smear or wash out!)