The New Calendar View (Beta)
Appointments and tasks are an essential part of daily business. Kicksite has updated the Appointments and Tasks screen with a new calendar view so that you can see your schedule at a glance.
Keep in mind: As of this writing, only appointments and tasks can be displayed on or added to the new calendar view. However, the new calendar view lays the groundwork for enabling more functionality later.
Click the following link to watch the video about the new calendar view.
To opt in to the calendar beta:
Note: To opt in to a beta, you will need to be in the new view. If you are using Classic view, you will need to go the the Classic dashboard and then click the Launch the New View link.
1. Click Quick Links in the left panel, and then click either Appointments or Tasks under the To Do heading. (From within Kicksite, you can click the To Dos link in the upper-right corner and then click either Appointments or Tasks.)
2. In the upper-right corner, click the Try the Beta button.
3. Read over the pop-up window (it provides helpful information on trying out a beta product), and click Try the Beta button.
If you wish to opt out of the beta, you can click the Leave the Beta button (it looks like a circular arrow moving counter-clockwise).
What you see in the new calendar view:
The new calendar view shows the current month by default. You can change the view to see:
- Month: Shows all scheduled appointments and tasks for the current month. Use the left and right arrows to see the previous or next month, respectively.
- Week: Shows all scheduled appointments and tasks for the current week. You may need to scroll up or down to see all scheduled items (depending on what time it’s scheduled). Use the left and right arrows to see the previous or next week, respectively.
- Day: Shows all scheduled appointments and tasks for the current day. You may need to scroll up or down to see all scheduled items (depending on what time it’s scheduled). Use the left and right arrows to see the previous or next day, respectively.
- Sync: Click Sync if you would like to sync up your Kicksite appointments and tasks with your personal calendar. Keep in mind that this communication is one-way (from Kicksite to your calendar), so if you need to add or update an appointment or task, you need to do that in Kicksite.
On the calendar, tasks and appointments are color coded to make it easy to see at a glance what the status of an item is:
- Blue: Tasks and appointments appear in blue when you first schedule them.
- Green: A confirmed item.
- Yellow: A rescheduled item.
- Red: The student no showed.
- Red outline: An overdue item.
- Gray: A completed item.
- Gray outline: Multiple items at the same date and time, or a Calendly item.
On the right side, you see:
- Create New button: Click this button to set up a new task or appointment (see the next section for the step list).
- Calendars: Click the down arrow and deselect the Appointments check box (to view only Tasks), or deselect the Tasks check box (to view only Appointments).
- Upcoming Schedule: Shows a list of future tasks and appointments. You can scroll down to see all items. Click the down arrow to show or hide the list.
To add a new appointment or task to the calendar:
1. Click the Create New button.
2. Click Appointment or Task, depending on which you need to schedule.
3. If you selected Appointment, you will need to add a student or prospect; start typing the student’s or prospect’s name in the text box under Students / Prospects. As you type, matching names appear; click the correct name.
4. On the mini calendar, click the desired date. If needed, you can click the left and right arrows to scroll to different months. (For example, click the right arrow to schedule in the next month.)
5. On the right side, you can set the time by using the up and down arrows above the hour and minutes. If you click the hour, you can select the hour from a pop-up menu. If you click the minutes, you can select the minutes (in 5-minute increments) from a pop-up menu. You can also click AM or PM to toggle between them.
If you selected Task in Step 2, you only need to set the starting time. If you selected Appointment in Step 2, you will need to set the start time (top) and the end time (bottom) for the appointment.
6. Click the down arrow under Assigned To to change who is assigned to the task or appointment.
7. Under Description, type a few words or a sentence to describe the task or appointment. Keeping the Description brief but specific will be helpful to quickly see what the appointment or task is about.
8. If you want to keep the task or appointment private, deselect the Public check box.
9. Click the Finish button.
The new task or appointment appears on the calendar view.
The student or prospect will receive an email notification of the upcoming appointment. They will also receive a reminder email 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment.
To change an existing appointment or task:
You can drag and drop an appointment or task from one day to another to update the item. This only changes the day of the appointment or task; all other options remain the same.
1. Click the desired appointment or task on the calendar, and then click the right-pointing arrow on the right side of the pop-up to update the item.
2A. If you are updating an appointment, in the Update Appointment window, click one of the status indicators if needed:
- Scheduled: Indicates that the appointment is scheduled (the default status).
- Rescheduled: Click to indicate that this appointment was rescheduled from the original meeting time.
- Confirmed: Click to indicate that the student or prospect had confirmed the appointment.
- No Showed: Click to indicate that the student or prospect did not attend the appointment.
- Completed: Click to indicate that the student or prospect came to the appointment and it has been completed.
2B. If you are updating a task, in the Update Task window, click one of the status indicators if needed:
- ToDo: Indicates that the task is a to-do item.
- Complete: Click to indicate that the task has been completed.
3. If needed, select a new date on the calendar.
4. If needed, select a new start and end time.
5. If needed, select a new employee in the Assigned To drop-down list.
6. If needed, edit the text under Description.
7. If needed, select or deselect the Public check box.
8. Click Delete to delete the item; click Cancel if you do not want to save any changes; click Update Appointment or Update Task to save any changes.
The student or prospect, as well as the assigned employee, will receive an email notification with the updated appointment or task information.