How to Use the Video and Document Library
The library is a place to store videos and documents for student curriculum use. Content can be uploaded for all of your students to have access to or can be set with restrictions based on program or belt rank. Students will be able to access the library by logging into their student account. They will only be able to see what is available to them based on the restrictions set by the admin or authorized employees.
Tip: You can also watch a video on how to use the video library, as well as how to enable students to view the video library; watch the video here.
To view the Video Library:
- From the dashboard or within Kicksite, click Video Library on the left sidebar.
- Alternatively, from within Kicksite, hover over the Library menu and then click Video.
To create a new Media Page:
- A Media Page is where you upload video content.
- Along with the list of Media Pages, you can see who can view those pages, when they were last viewed, and the total number of views.
1. Go to the right-hand side of this page and type a name for the Media Page in the Title text box.
The title is the name that appears in the media page list and is displayed above the video after it’s uploaded.
2. (Optional) If you want to restrict which students can view the video(s), select the Students in Specific Programs & Ranks option. If you wish to allow everyone to view the video(s), leave All Students selected.
- Note: If the video is restricted, only the belt colors with a check mark will be able to access that video.
- If you restrict by program and rank, when a student is promoted, they will immediately be able to view the next level of media content.
3. Click the Create Media Page button to save your updates.
Text, images, and videos can be added to the page. For example, you can include form, sparring, and self-defense videos on the media page.
To add a video to the library:
- Click Video, then click Choose File to browse for your video on your computer.
- Select the video you want to upload and click the Open button.
Note: Uploading may take a few minutes, especially if the video file size is large. Do not leave the page until it has finished loading and processing the video. Otherwise, the video will not be uploaded.
Kicksite’s video hosting platform is through Vimeo, which supports most video file types. For example, Vimeo supports these common formats: MP4, MOV, WMV, AVI, and FLV. In the rare circumstance that a file format is not supported, an Invalid File error is displayed on the video page. The upload limit is 1.25GB per file, and the total storage space is 5TB. If your video is over 1.25GB, you will need to compress or edit the video to reduce the file size.
After the videos have been uploaded, the content will be available to your active students through their student account, as long as they are within the program and rank restrictions set. This content can be viewed on any device, so students can watch your videos on their computer, tablet, or phone.
To upload documents to the library:
- Hover over the Library tab and click Documents.
- Click the Add Document link.
- In the Document Name field, type a name for the document.
- Click the Choose File button.
- Select the desired document file (for example, a Word document or PDF) and click the Open button.
- (Optional) To allow all students to view the document, leave All Students selected. To restrict which students can view the document, select the Students in Specific Programs & Ranks option, and then select the desired programs and ranks.
- Click the Upload Document button.
- Documents can be available to all students or can be restricted by program and rank.
- The documents are available to the students through their student account.
- Students can download this content to their devices.
To delete content from the library:
If a video or document is no longer needed, click the red Delete link of the right side of the title.