How to Set Up Inventory
You don’t need to use billing through Kicksite to set up the Inventory; many schools prefer to use invoices to record payments. If you do want to process payments through Kicksite, you need to request billing.
To set up the Inventory:
1. From within Kicksite, click on Inventory in the top-right menu. (Alternatively, click Quick Links on the left sidebar, and under the Inventory heading, click Inventory.)
2. From here you can create categories.
- Examples include:
- Membership Fees
- Testing Fees
- Examples include:
3. To create a category, click on the New Category link.
4. Type in your new category name, and if desired, select an option from the Payment Reason list, and then click the Create Category button. (If you need to add one or more Payment Reasons, see the end of this section for details.)
5. To add an item, click on the Add Item button.
6. Enter the following information about the item:
- Name: The item’s name
- Quantity: The number you have in stock; if none, leave quantity blank
- Price: The item’s price
7. Click the Add Item button to save your new item.
Kicksite can help you track your inventory if you enter the quantity of the items you have.
- For example, under the category Gear, you create an item for Mouth Guards.
- The item’s name is Mouth Guards, the Quantity is 15 (say, you have 15 in stock in the studio), and the price is $5.
- The next time you add Mouth Guards on an invoice and mark that it’s a physical item, the inventory will update that item’s quantity (in this case, to 14).
To add Payment Reasons:
1. Click Quick Links in the left sidebar and then click Payment Reasons (under the Settings heading). Alternatively, from within Kicksite, click Settings and then click Payment Reasons.
2. Type a name in the field for your new payment reason.
3. Click the Add Payment Reason button.
Kicksite provides several payment reasons as defaults. You may need to add more reasons to get better results in financial reports. For example, you may want to add Payment Reasons for taxable items such as Equipment, or add specific membership options such as Online Membership.
To rename, delete, or move categories or items:
1. Click on the Edit or Delete button on the same line as the category or item.
2. To change the order of a category, click the Move button, and drag the category to where you want it; to move an item, drag it up or down within the category.