How to Set Up Inventory
You don’t need to use billing through Kicksite to set up the Inventory; many schools prefer to use invoices to record payments. If you do want to process payments through Kicksite, you need to request billing.
To set up the Inventory:
1. Click Quick Links on the left panel, click the Inventory heading, and then click Inventory. (Alternatively, from within Kicksite, click Inventory in the top-right corner.)
2. To create a category, click the New Category link.
3. In the Name field, type the category name. (Some examples are Membership Fees, Gear, Testing Fees, Uniforms, or Apparel.)
4. (Optional) Select an option from the Payment Reason list. This can be helpful later for your financial reports. (If you need to add one or more Payment Reasons, see the end of this article for details.)
5. Click the Create Category button.
6. To add an item in the inventory, click the Add Item button.
7. Enter the following information about the inventory item:
- Name: Type the item’s name (be descriptive so it’s easy to tell which item you sold).
- Quantity: Type the number you have in stock for any physical items. If the item isn’t physical (such as a membership or testing fee); leave the Quantity field blank.
- Price: Enter the item’s price as a decimal number (don’t use currency symbols). For example, 10.00 or 149.99.
8. Click the Add Item button to save your new item.
Repeat Steps 6-8 to add more items.
Kicksite can help you track your inventory if you enter the quantity of the items you have.
For example, under the category Gear, you create an item for Mouth Guards, enter 15 for the Quantity, and enter 5 for the Price. The next time you add Mouth Guards on an invoice and mark that it’s a physical item, the inventory will update that item’s quantity (in this example, to 14).
To rename, delete, or move categories or items:
To rename a category or item, click the Edit button on the same line as the category or item.
To remove a category or item, click the Delete button on the same line as the category or item.
To change the order of a category, click the Move button, and drag the category to where you want it; to move an item, drag it up or down within the category.
To add Payment Reasons:
1. Click Quick Links in the left panel, click Settings, and then click Payment Reasons. Alternatively, from within Kicksite, click Settings and then click Payment Reasons.
2. Type a name in the field for your new payment reason.
3. Click the Add Payment Reason button.
Kicksite provides several payment reasons as defaults. You may need to add more reasons to get better results in financial reports. For example, you may want to add Equipment to record payments on taxable items, or add specific membership options such as Online Membership.