How Can We Help?
How To Articles
How To Videos
Best Practice: How to Add Payment Reasons
Adding more specific Payment Reasons can help when it comes time to reconcile your business’ finances. If you’ve added Payment Reasons and have been careful about using them when you run transactions and set up recurring billings, it will be easier to sort your financial records.
How to add Payment Reasons:
1. Click the Quick Connect icon, click Settings, and then click Payment Reasons. Alternatively, click your username in the upper-right corner, click Settings, and then click the Finances tab.
2. In the Payment Reasons section, type the name of the reason in the text field. Click the check mark or press Return/Enter. (Keep in mind that you need to keep the text to 125 characters or less. If you go over, you won’t be able to save the payment reason.)
You can edit, archive, and delete a payment reason as follows:
- To edit a payment reason, click the Edit icon (it looks like an orange pencil) for the reason you wish to change. Edit the text and click the check mark or press Return/Enter.
- To archive a payment reason, click the Archive icon beside the payment reason. (The Archive icon looks like a blue box.)
- To restore an archived payment reason (to move it back to the Active tab), click the Archived tab, and then click the Restore icon (it looks like a green, circular arrow).
- To delete a payment reason, click the Archived tab. Click the Delete icon (it looks like a red trash can). Click the Delete button to confirm that you want to permanently remove the payment reason.
The Payment Reason you select will appear in the Revenue Detail report.
To export the Revenue Detail report:
1. Click View on the dashboard (it’s right beside Vitals).
2. Click Revenue on the menu bar.
3. (You may need to scroll down.) Click the Export to Excel link on the Revenue Detail bar. A .csv file downloads.
In the Excel file, you can sort or filter by the Payment Reason column to get more detailed information about your business’ revenue.