Best Practice: How to Add Payment Reasons
Adding more specific Payment Reasons can help when it comes time to reconcile your business’ finances. If you’ve added Payment Reasons and have been careful about using them when you run transactions and set up recurring billings, it will be easier to sort your financial records.
How to add Payment Reasons:
1. Click the Quick Connect icon, click Settings, and then click Payment Reasons. Alternatively, if you’re on a page within Kicksite, you can hover over the Settings menu and click Payment Reasons.
2. In the text field, type the name of the payment reason.
3. Click the Add Payment Reason button. Repeat as needed to add all necessary payment reasons.
The Payment Reason you select will appear in the Revenue Detail report.
To export the Revenue Detail report:
1. Click View on the dashboard (it’s right beside Vitals).
2. Click Revenue on the menu bar.
3. (You may need to scroll down.) Click the Export to Excel link on the Revenue Detail bar. A .csv file downloads.
In the Excel file, you can sort or filter by the Payment Reason column to get more detailed information about your business’ revenue.