How Can We Help?
How To Articles
How To Videos
Tip: How to Remove Unpaid, Inactive Recurring Billings
You can clear inactive, unpaid recurring billings by changing the total payments required to the number of payments already made. (Do NOT delete a recurring billing because this will remove all history of payments made.)
Note: Keep in mind that a student needs to be in Active status to update a recurring billing.
To clear an inactive and unpaid recurring billing:
1. In the left panel, click Quick Links, click Billing Finance, and then click Billing Dashboard.
2. In the Inactive Unpaid Recurring Billings section, find the recurring billing you want to remove from the Billing Dashboard. (If needed, click the All link to see all inactive, unpaid recurring billings.) Click the View link for the desired recurring billing.
3. Look for the number of successful payments made and take note of that number. (You can check the Payments number at the top of the screen, or count the number of successful payments in the list of payments at the bottom of the screen.)
4. Click the Edit Recurring Billing link (near the top right of the screen).
5. In the For a Total of __ Payments field, enter the number of payments already made.
For example, in the screenshot, this student has only made one successful payment, so you would enter 1. (Don’t leave the field blank, because this indicates that the recurring payment is ongoing.)
6. Click the Update Recurring Billing button.
7. On the Recurring Billing for (Student Name) page, verify that the number of payments is correct (in the screenshot, that’s 1/1), and then click the Activate link.
Clicking the Activate link tells the Billing Dashboard to remove that inactive, unpaid recurring billing. (You may need to refresh the browser on the Billing Dashboard to see that the recurring billing has been removed from the Inactive Unpaid Recurring Billings section.)
You can then inactivate the recurring billing again. Also, make sure to click Mark as Paid to clear the billing. Click OK to proceed with marking the billing as paid; select the Do Not Create Payment Record option, and then click Continue.
Best practice: Add a comment on the student’s profile to document that you have removed the inactive, unpaid recurring billing. To add a comment:
- On the Classic student profile: On the Comments tab, click the Add Comment link. Type the desired comment (in this case, describe how you have marked an unpaid, inactive recurring billing as completed to remove it from the Billing Dashboard). Click the Add Comment button.
- On the Beta student profile: Click the Comments tab. Click the Add New button. Type the desired comment (in this case, describe how you have marked an unpaid, inactive recurring billing as completed to remove it from the Billing Dashboard). Click the Submit button.