Recurring billings are automatic payments charged to a credit card or a withdrawal from a bank account. Managing payments for a student in billing is simple.
To set up a new Recurring Billing:
- Click on Billing tab at the top left hand corner.
- Hover over Recurring Billing and click on New Recurring Billings. (Alternatively, click Quick Links in the left sidebar, and under Billing/Finance, click New Recurring Billing.)
- Recurring billings can be set up for a student or for a family.
- It is important to note that a failed transaction for a student or family with recurring billing will be attempted again at the 7-day mark.
- A student’s account with three failed credit payment attempts will be inactivated.
- If the vault item is a bank draft or ACH, the vault item will be deactivated after one failed attempt.
3. To enter the student or family, type in the name and Kicksite will automatically find the student.
4. Click the desired family or student.
5. Enter in the Amount to Charge and the Total Due will be automatically calculated including the tax.
- The billing start date, repeat billing schedule, and the total number of payments is also set in the New Recurring Billing screen as shown in the image below.
- These details can be edited through the student’s billing information.
To view recurring billings:
1. Go to the student profile and clicking on the Finance tab.
2. From this screen, Payment Transactions, Invoices, Recurring Billing, and Financial Reports are available.
To create a new recurring billing through the student’s user profile:
1. When in the student’s profile, click on the Finance tab.
2. Click on Recurring Billing in the third box.
- If the student already has a recurring billing, active or inactive, it will show their recurring billing history
- This summary indicates:
- The amount
- Paid through
- Next charge
- End date
- Declined payments
- Status of the billing
3. To find out more about a specific billing, click on View on the right of the recurring billing you want to review.
4. To create a new billing, click on New Recurring Billing.