How Do I Run an Immediate Charge on a Failed Recurring Billing?
When a recurring billing transaction fails for any reason, the student’s name will appear on the Billing Dashboard under Unpaid Students. To run an immediate transaction, this will be a two-step process.
Step One: Run a New Transaction
- On the left panel, click Finances and then click Add New Transaction.
- Enter the Student or Family to be charged, the amount to charge, the payment reason, the payment method, and payment information. (Here’s more details on how to run a transaction.)
- Click Charge.
Step Two: Mark as Paid
- Return to your Billing Dashboard (click Quick Links and then Billing Dashboard).
- Locate the Student or Family on the Unpaid Student list and click View.
- To the right, click Mark as Paid.
- The first pop-up will state that this will add a non-processed transaction to the recurring billing and will update the recurring billing as if the payment had gone through as intended. This will update the paid through date and the number of payments left (if not ongoing/unlimited). If you wish to proceed, click Yes.
- The second pop-up allows you to:
- From the Payment Method drop-down list, select how the student paid (this is for reporting purposes).
- Decide if you would like to create a payment record. If you followed Step One, there is already a record of the payment; to avoid creating a duplicate payment record in your system, select Do Not Create Payment Record.
- Click Continue.
You have successfully taken a payment and updated the recurring billing for this student or family. Their name will now be removed from the Unpaid Student list.