How Can We Help?
How To Articles
How To Videos
How to Create an Invoice
To create an invoice:
1. From the left panel, click Finances, and then click Add New Invoice. (Alternatively, from within Kicksite, hover over the Finance menu and click New Invoice.)
2. Type the name of the student or prospect in the Person Name field. As you type the name, a list of matching names appear. Click a name in the list to select your student or prospect.
Note: After you link a student to an invoice, the student will be able to access a read-only copy of the invoice through their user profile.
3. (Optional) If you wish to change the ID number for the invoice, it can be found to the right of the Person Name box. However, keep in mind that the next invoice you generate will have an ID number one higher than the previous one.
4. In the next line, select the Issue Date. This date is when the invoice will officially be issued. If needed, you can change the date by using the drop-down lists.
5. (Optional) If you would like to set up recurring invoices for the student or prospect, select the Auto-Invoice check box and select the frequency and number of invoices generated. Recurring invoices can be used in lieu of billing with auto-draft, or to split up payments for events, seminars, and pro-shop items.
Note: At this time, though the invoice is auto-generated, you will still need to manually send out the invoice via email.
6. Select the Due Date for when the payment is due. You choose a standard due date from the drop-down or input a specific amount.
- All invoices that are past due will show up in the Billing Dashboard in the Past Due section.
- Past Due invoices will also show on the main dashboard and can trigger automated messages if those are turned on (find out how to set up Automated Messages).
7. (Optional) You can also choose to assess late fees for past due invoices by selecting the desired option from the Late Fee drop-down list.
8. (Optional) Select the Sales Tax check box to charge tax. (The amount for the tax rate set in Invoice Details.) If you would like to change the sales tax amount within the invoice, click within the field and enter the desired amount.
- To remove or turn on the Sales Tax option, adjust it by clicking Settings and then Invoice Details.
- Sales tax can be used for anything including tuition, testing fees, and pro-shop items.
9. Add a line item to the invoice. Each line requires a quantity, a description, and a price. Multiple line items can be added to the invoice, where each item can have tax added or removed as needed.
If you have built an Inventory list, those items will be available on the right side of the page to add as line items (not shown in the above screen shot). Click a category to see items, and then click an item to add it to the invoice. Click the Add Line Item link and click another inventory item to add another item to the invoice.
10. (Optional) Type in extra details about the invoice in the Notes field.
11. If the invoice has any physical items, select the Does This Invoice Contain Physical Items? check box to help keep track of inventory.
12. Click the Create Invoice button.
After you create the invoice, Kicksite shows the completed invoice. From here, you can email the invoice to the client, print a copy, edit, or delete the invoice. The invoice will not be automatically emailed to the student. You must click Email Invoice to send it to the student. You can also record a payment or process a transaction if you have billing set up in Kicksite.